Only available from November to April
online mock interviews
for medical school entry
When you sign up, we pair you with a medical student in the UK or doctor working in the NHS who will conduct a practice interview with you and offer personal feedback based on your performance. The interview will be over Zoom or Microsoft Teams. It will be roughly 30 minutes worth of interview questions followed by verbal feedback from the interviewer and the opportunity to ask questions. The whole session should last around 50-60 minutes. You will also be sent a document with personal written feedback within 24 hours of your interview.
1. Panel mock interview (roughly 6 panel-style questions including personalised questions based on your personal statement) - £30
2. MMI mock interview (5 MMI stations) - £30
3. Mixed panel and MMI style mock interview (4 panel-style questions and 2 MMI stations) - £35
If you have done a mock interview with us before, please include your previous booking reference numbers in your form below so we can make sure you do not receive the same interview questions again.
Here at TheStudentMedic, we know how expensive Medical School Admissions Courses can be and we want to make sure no one misses an opportunity just because of its price. Therefore, if you have been invited for an interview from a medical school, and can prove that you currently receive free school meals, we can offer you this service for free.
All you have to do is email email@example.com with the following:
1. 150 words on how you would benefit from a mock interview
2. Image of your student ID (OR send the email using your school email address)
3. Proof of your interview invitation
4. Proof of being a recipient of free school meals
If you fulfil all these requirements, you will then be sent instructions on how to schedule your free session.
You do NOT need to fill in the form below.
*We are trialling this system from 2021/2022*
Previously, we offered free mock interviews to everyone regardless of financial need. Our interviewers took time out of their days to provide this service for free. This website operated at a loss, and we found that demand exceeded supply greatly, with many students being turned away as we ran out of slots within days. With this new system, we hope to:
(1) Help cover the costs of running the website
(2) Reimburse our interviewers for their time, hopefully attracting more interviewers to help
(3) Continue to help those who are truly unable to afford this service
If you have any constructive feedback about this new system, please fill in the contact form below. Thank you.