Only available in December, January, & February
online mock interviews
for medical school entry
When you sign up, we pair you with a medical student in the UK or doctor working in the NHS who will conduct a practice interview with you and offer personal feedback based on your performance. The interview will be over Skype or Zoom and will be panel style. It will be roughly 20-30 minutes worth of interview questions followed by verbal feedback from the interviewer and the opportunity to ask questions. The whole session should last around 40-60 minutes. You will also be sent a document with some written feedback within 24 hours of your interview. This is only available in the months of December, January, and February.
Here at TheStudentMedic, we know how expensive Medical School Admissions Courses can be and we want to make sure no one misses an opportunity just because of its price. Therefore, we also offer this for free if you are able to prove that you come from a low income household or if you currently receive free school meals.
All you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
1. 150 words on why you would like to receive this free service
2. Image of your student ID (OR send the email using your school email address)
3. Proof of either (1) being from a low income household, OR (2) being a recipient of free school meals
If you fulfil all these requirements, you will then be sent instructions on how to schedule your free session.
You do NOT need to fill in the form below.
*We are trialling this system for 2021/2022*
Previously, we offered free Skype interviews to everyone regardless of financial need. Our interviewers took time out of their days to provide this service for free. This website operated at a loss, and we found that demand exceeded supply greatly, with many students being turned away as we ran out of slots within days. With this new system, we hope to:
(1) Help cover the costs of running the website
(2) Thank our interviewers for their time, hopefully attracting more interviewers to help
(3) Continue to help those who are truly unable to afford this service
If you have any constructive feedback about this new system, please fill in the contact form below. Thank you.